The UNIDO Investment and Technology Promotion Office in Bahrain was inaugurated on 22nd April 1996. Its mandate is to mobilize resources (finance, technology, know-how, managerial) from Bahrain and the Arab region to developing countries and economies in transition. In parallel, ITPO Bahrain has also developed the EDIP (Entrepreneurship Development and Investment Promotion) Programme, which aims at stimulating the emergence of new and growth of existing enterprises that produce goods and services for trade, provide employment and income for people, and thereby contribute to poverty alleviation and overall economic growth.
- Through the implementation of EDIP, develop domestic investment and attract foreign direct investment
- Provide assistance to entrepreneurs through collective preparation and empowerment, counseling and technology tie-ups/development of full-fledged joint ventures, business plan preparation and financial linkages
- Source financial support and linkages for SMEs through the various financial schemes available in Bahrain and the region
- Promote investment and technology transfer through the ITPO Network
- Assist existing enterprises in upgrading/growth by assessing their needs and defining the appropriate interventions through counseling and business advice in order to create a sound basis for the attraction of foreign direct investments